Young Drivers
Learner Drivers
First Time Drivers
Senior Citizens
Northern Ireland
Convicted Driver
Vehicle Groups
4x4 Vehicle
Performance Car
Classic Car
Imported Car
Kit Car
Cherished Cars
Van Insurance
Insurance Groups
Manufacturers A-N
Manufacturers O-Z
Caravan Policy
Breakdown Cover
Cover Levels
Third Party
Simple Cover
Short Term Cover
Limited Mileage
Pay as You Drive
Gap Car Insurance
No Claims Discount

Lower car insurance premiums for international driving licence holders. Whether this is your first policy or you are searching for a cheaper quote on renewal, click through to compare over 100 leading UK motor insurers, and get a great deal today!

International Licence Holder Quotes

Individuals taking up permanent residence in the UK from an international country will first need to secure a social security number before proceeding to purchase a new car insurance policy.

If you need car insurance for an international drivers license while you are here on a Visa stay, then your first priority should be to learn UK driving and parking rules. The best starting point is the website of the DVLA to help get acquainted with the rules of the road.

By presenting your country’s own license to the DVLA, you may be able to get an international driver’s license (IDL) depending on your jurisdiction. This small card is what you need to secure international drivers car insurance. Once you are in possession of and IDL you can simply obtain a new online car insurance quote through HomeApproved. One company in particular that offers useful information, competitive quotes and special sections on providing insurance coverage to non UK nationals is Direct Line.

International Driving Permit
An International Driving Permit (IDP) allows you to drive a private motor vehicle overseas when accompanied by a valid UK driving licence. IDP's are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

Foreign Nationals Driving in Great Britain on a non-GB licence
This GOV.UK resource provides excellent information and a starting point to see if you can drive in Great Britain with your non-GB driving licence. Great Britain is England, Wales and Scotland.

The Highway Code
If you are driving a vehicle on the highways and motorways of the UK then it is imperative that you are: A) aware of the Highway Code and B) have a knowledge of what it represents.







Home Page : Cookie Policy : Legal Notices : Privacy Policy

Site Map : Site Map 2

©2014 HomeApproved

The details published on this site are for information purposes only and should not be construed as advice under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Homeapproved does not act as an introducer in respect of contracts of insurance, and acts merely as a conduit for insurance providers. All insurance providers listed on this website are FSA authorised firms. You are advised to take appropriate professional and legal advice before entering into any binding contracts.